For runners who are going to miss their Autumn marathon due to the pandemic, Blast Running Edinburgh have organised a virtual marathon which you can run on any day between Sunday 27th September to Sunday 11th October (the Berlin, London, Manchester and Chicago Marathon dates). There is a recommended 26.2mile route around Edinburgh and you can start your marathon at your preferred point on this route or you can make up your own route in your own city / country. Either way, 26.2 miles is 26.2 miles!
What do you have to do to take part? It’s really simple:
- Enter now- only £12.50 including your Eco-Friendly Bespoke Medal!
- You’ll receive our Strava route or you can make up your own route if you’d prefer.
- Upload your Strava / Garmin data to the results board once you have completed the distance and then relax, maybe do some stretches and wait for the postman to bring your medal to you!
- Prizes for all age/sex category winners plus prizes for the Recommended Edinburgh Route winners. Winners will be announced at the end of the challenge.
What other cool things can you get involved in?
- Join the Blast Virtual Races Strava group to support one another on your marathon training efforts and your individual race days. https://www.strava.com/clubs/blastrunningvirtualraces
- Download the Blast Virtual Races playlist and let’s collectively enjoy the beats as we run the sights: https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/blast-running-playlist/pl.u-6mo41KesE3blY8
- Take photos and share tips on Instagram to help build the Blast Virtual Races community and create a real team spirit for your big race day. #blastrunner #blast.running #blastvirtualraces
Any top tips from us?
- The recommended route in Edinburgh is circular and takes in many low traffic pathways around the city including the Canal, the Water of Leith, various cycle paths, the Innocent Railway, the Meadows, Brunstane Burn and the Silverknowes Promenade – but not in that order! Once registered you will have access to the Edinburgh route details.
- Choose your start line on the recommended route in Edinburgh OR make up your own route in your own city / country
- Join up with other runners in your city and run the marathon together, socially distanced of course.
- Ask your running club team mates to be your pacers, if it’s good enough for Kipchoge then it’s good enough for you!
- Ask friends and family to support you along your marathon route with water and fuel stops or stash some Lucozade in the bushes along the way the night before.
- 5km, 10km and half marathon races are also in Blast Running’s Virtual Race options to get you in tip top condition.
- The only rules are that you run it in one go and that your elapsed time is your completed time so no hitting the pause button at traffic lights or drink stops!
Email address: email@example.com